HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - why is it so expensive to go to a hunting lodge!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:50 PM
jaybe
Fork Horn

Default RE: why is it so expensive to go to a hunting lodge!

i know i wouldent want to spend that money unless i knew i was gonna get a big buck
That's exactly why they charge so much; some people will do almost anything to "get a big buck".
I like watching hunting shows on TV, but what I DON"T like about them is the whole BIG BUCK thing. Like anything that is less than 3 1/2 years old and less than 150 BC points just isn't worthy of being harvested.
IMO (and I know not everyone agrees) this whole movement to QDM is not all that good for hunting in general. The reason is that it puts too much emphasis on getting the big buck (at any cost) and takes away from the simple pleasure of the hunting experience -being out in the woods with friends, kids and family, sitting around a fireplace or campfire, harvesting an animal that will provide food for months to come, etc.
Not intending to start a war here, but just answering ABarOfSoap's question - - and got carried away a little.