HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 150 grains of 777 in an CVA Optima Pro .45?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:33 PM
frontier gander

Default RE: 150 grains of 777 in an CVA Optima Pro .45?

ive already read that. RW is a slob, hes an ass like toby bridges lol. ive shot hundreds of magnum loads with loose powder and zero problems. The only problem ive ever had with my rifle was getting a scope sighted in, and that sucker got ripped off after 15 shots and nothing snowing up. Damn simmons scopes, did the same thing on my 30-30. The latest barrel explosion ive read was when some moron put 150 grains in a non magnum rifle and a huge 410 great plains bullet and the tip of the barrel ripped open. Yeah the TIP of the barrel, how? Im still wondering why/how the tip would rip before the rear of the barrel. As for recoil, lots of guys like these 6 1/2- 7lb rifles because they are light and then they load huge bullets and complain about the recoil, what did they think they were going to get with a light rifle? lol. My rifle is 8 1/4 lbs, heavy to carry after a few hours but worth it when it comes to magnum loads, helps steady the rifle. After all didnt one of those high dollar knight rifles expolde in toby's hands?