HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Fusion..NOT impressed
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Slo-bo

Default RE: Federal Fusion..NOT impressed

CB.. you seem to be one of the few that are staying on track with my original intent of this post/question, and if you will allow me to quote you..." I'm surprised that a bonded bullet came apart"...my point exactly.
When this ammo is advertised as... "Fusion's lethal punch comes from bonding the jacket to the core in a special process at the molecular level. This completely eliminates jacket and core seperation...", that is what I would expect the bullet to do, regardless of what caliber rifle it was fired from.Correct, he was using 180 grain factory ammo,and yes, he did get the elk, so the ultimate end of the story was positive.
James B..I must agree with you in part, nothing in life is perfect 100% of the time, and given the many different conditions present with any given shot taken, the results are bound to be varied. However, I do question Federal's tests, when and if they say they the jacket "will not seperate from the core", as I have seen differently. WhatI would like is a reasonable explanation from them, or someone,as to HOW and WHY this took place? This post is not a blanket condemation of Federal or their products, more a quest for some answers and explainations.
SinceI don't shoot factory ammo, as I prefer to reload, I appreciate input from all of you who have actually used the Fusion ammo.