HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Fusion..NOT impressed
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 04:33 AM
Slo-bo

Default RE: Federal Fusion..NOT impressed

Younggun. Do me the courtesy of re-reading the original post, slowly this time. There was no suggestion of elk hunting with a .243, only a question and discussion here on advertised bullet performance.
CB..thanks for the box info, as I say, I don't use the stuff and do not have a box in front of me to read. Someone who was ordering from a place like Cabela's would not have that info, only what is in the catalog ad, which would lead one to believe that this would be a great bullet on game....which I'm not saying it isn't, just that what I saw did not impress me. The gun used was a Rem 700 in 30-06, with a 180 gr.
James B...I'm not looking to step on toes, just looking for anyone with personal experience or information with this load, thanks for the post also. Have you used this on game bigger than deer, and if so, did you still have good bullet performance?
BrutalAttack...you might be the one to shed some light on this for me as well, if you know the guy that designed the bullet. Since one can order this ammo from,(I believe, I don't have the info in front of me right now), .243 right up to .338, I would think that one could assume from (again), reading the Fusion ad in the Cabela's catalog, that the bullet would hold together whether you choose to hunt whitetails with the .243, or bigger game with any of the larger calibers. Let's (please) don't any of us start the whole Ford vs Chevy thing as far as suitable elk calibers, regardless of what anyone's opinions are on the 30-06, it has accounted for many elk. So, my question remains, should this bullet, in this caliber, on an elk, have held together as it is claimed they will? And is the actual bullet,(other than weight, obviously), for the .243 designed or made any differently than one for the .338?
I am not looking to start arguments, only get some info from some of you who might have experience with this ammo, thanks.