HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Hunting Laws for Indiana
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Arrowmaster
Super Moderator

Default RE: New Hunting Laws for Indiana

Well I dont mind the one buck rule. That is fine with me. But to bring in rifles. I havent heard about the rifles until I just read the post here. Me I would be against it. IMO I just feel that there are enough hunters out in our gun season, now to give them a rifle to use that travels great distances. I understand slugs travel a long way but not like a rifle. To me wheres the sport at shooting a deer 300 yards away. I dont get it. Someone enlighten me please. To me I want to be up close and personal with the animal. What they should do is cut down the gun season period. Maybe we should have a gun season like Illinois. Lets face it there would be bigger bucks if we could keep some of them alive to see maturity. Every state around Indiana is known for the harvesting of bigger bucks. Wheres Indiana fit in all of this. No where. Were on the short end of the stick. No Im not a DNR specalist. Im just a Indiana hunter with different concerns about the wildlife and how its being managed. In one weekend during the firearms season, I counted over 420 shots that I heard. Thats absurded. The state is going to do what they want to do anyway. No matter how many of us dont like what their doing.