HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Monster Bows
Thread: Monster Bows
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Snood Slapper
Typical Buck

Default RE: Monster Bows

There is a very, very long story (a saga really) with all this. Basically the way I understand it when Oneida made the camless Discovery bow, the designer and son (Roger and Trevor Loomis I believe), left Oneida, or was Oneida at the time and filed for bankruptsy or something, and started Firebrand Technologies to build the camless break-over limb bows. Anyhow, Firebrand quickly went belly up due to poor design, customer service, and quality control problems. I had one of their bows and had to deal with them, so I speak from experience. The design itself had promise and the guys from Monster bows, who are Oneida shooters and also owned Firebrand bows, probably saw that and were frustrated with the workings of Firebrand - just guessing. Longer story shortened - the Monstor Bows guys know what they are doing and their bows are what the Firebrand bows should have been. I believe in the design, because when my Firebrand was shootable, it was very nice. No barnburner, but increadibly smooth. I would like to see Monster Bows get bigger and be able to do more, and to someday buy one perhaps when that happens.

Interestingly enough, Firebrand's forum is still up and you can read, if interested, about the whole sorted mess and how Firebrand basically turned the lights out on its costomers: http://pub41.ezboard.com/bdiscoverybowhunting