HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food Plot Pics
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:09 PM
fshafly2
Typical Buck

Default Food Plot Pics

I planted 12 food plots this year, all of them relatively small (0.1 to 2.0 A). Here are some pics of some of the plots, both newandold, that I took 1 June.

Sunflowers (2adjacent 1-acre fields, both treated with Tecomate Exploder, one with Plot Saver) - expect to have a great dove shoot come Sept.

I put Plot Saver on the one field after deer started to browseitfairly heavily (note the gaps in the rows - maybe the deer favoredsunflowers because of our dry spell (?)):

Here is one of the corn fields (0.6A) I planted near an edge that deer frequent - sprayed with round up the previous day. Those are Dustan Chinese-American chestnuts I planted in ~'97 along the right edge:

I planted several fields with a (homemade) mix of delar small burnet/puna chicory/durana clover, this field is in a power line (~1A):

Here is a close up of the mix:

Here is a 3-yr old plot (0.6A) of kura clover in full bloom with another small corn field (1A),bicolor lespedeza strip, winter wheat (1A), and appleorchardin the (distant) background:

Here are some of the 41 apple trees in my orchard that I planted in 1993(adjacent to a winter wheat field):

Lots of work, but lots of "fun", as most of you already know.

-fsh