HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 8mm
Thread: 8mm
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 04:03 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 8mm

what kind of mauser is it??? turkish, yugo, german etc. also what model?? K98, m24/47, M38 etc.?? Some 8mm mauser rifles were design for low pressure cartridges. note that there are two types of 8mm mauser ammo theres your typical 8mm mauser thens theres the 8mm mauser JS which if memory serves me right is the low pressure stuff. I know turkish mausers use the the low pressure stuff but not sure which else uses the low pressure ammo. I'm not a mauser expert by any means but I just know that some mausers wont handle the heavy loads and just wanted to give a heads up that you should be careful and find out what your rifle can or cannot do.

A year ago I was at the range and in the shooting stall next to me a gentleman was shooting a turkish mauser with heavy ball ammo after the 4th shot I begin to hear cussing coming from his stall I stopped shooting and peered over to see what the heck happened. he had minor burns and scratches on his left cheek and left arm the barrel and action burst in his face luckily he wasnt hurt bad (he was wearing eye protection thank goodness) it could have been worse.