HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - best crossbow
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 08:14 PM
DJH -------
Fork Horn

Default RE: best crossbow

The past summer I was asked to hold a crossbow workshop at our local sporting goods shop. I brought four crossbows, a Horton, a TenPoint, an Excalibur and a Parker. The workshop started at 9:00 a.m. and went until5:00 p.m. Now remember, the crossbow is not a legal option in MN unless you are disabled.

I was swamped the entire day. One time, I got to run behind a shed and take a leak. The rest of the time I was dealing with folks that wanted to learn about the crossbow. Older hunters, middle aged hunters and youngsters all waiting for a chance to get their questions answered and an opportunity to shoot the crossbow they liked the best. At times I had half a dozen people or more peppering me with questions.

Of those four bows, which do you think was the most popular? I was amazed to watch the split go as follows: Horton 25% Excalibur 25% TenPoint 25% and Parker 25%. If I hadn’t witnessed it, I would find it hard to believe. What it boils down to, gentlemenis the hunter is going to prefer whatever crossbow feels the best to him. Reasoning for choices varied from person to person, but everyone chose their favorite to shoot based on any number of preferences. It is not unlike vertical hunters or riflemen all claiming that their weaponis the best. Truth of the matter that it is the best – FOR THEM! For the next person another brand is better because they just plainlike it better.

Now I have no idea what exactly this has to do with your poll, but I just wanted to share the experience with you.