HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Remington Genesis and/or Introductory Muzzleloader
Old 03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Remington Genesis and/or Introductory Muzzleloader

Lekar39

I'll start this off but I am sure a lot will chime in. I really do like my Remingtons 700ML's. So when I heard Remington was going to bring a more modern muzzleloader to the market I was really excited and detirmined that I would get one. I really have no problem with the so called Spanish barrel sydrome. If they were available I would have had one by now - BUT - because the swinging breech it swings up into the scope that could really be a problem for me. So then I looked at the new Traditions Yukon where the breech drops, but it was not available in stainless. I ended up with an Omega and it or at least the series of Omegas, has it's little quirks also but all in all it is a great gun.

I really wanted to move from the typical bolt to the newer design. I had also told myself that I was not interested in a two piece stock or a break open action.

There are a lot of very good bolt action guns out there ant the prices are going down because of the newer styed guns.

You can get the new generation Omega (blued.sybthetic)for around $260/270 keep that in mind...

Good luck in your search...