HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buckwacka
Thread: Buckwacka
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 08:26 PM
AmericanPioneer

Default RE: Buckwacka

I have the stainless Quicshooter which is less costly. It is my favorite muzzleloader besides my Renegade and FireHawk. I shoot 100 grains of APP with a Thompson Cheapshot sabots( 20 for 3.99 at Cabelas). Did a quick sight in in 2005 before season and had a 2.5x7 pineridge scope on it. I put 3 shots in 1 3/4" at 35 yards. The hornady 250 gr. sst shot in same group. I killed a large doe deer with cheap shots on the last day at 15 yards. She went about 40 yards. It also shot the 405 grain powerbelt hollowpoint all lead bullets well with open sights at 35 yards. I put three in about 2.5 inches at that distance. I couldnt see very well though through the peep sight they put on the Quicshooter. I didnt try them with a scope. I got these groups when I cleaned the barrel after every shot with wonder lube 1000 plus patches then a dry patch. I believe these rifles do have a faster twist than most .50 calibers. You might try something longer in bullets and make sure you clean it between shots. Powder type and charge may be the problem also. I hope this helps.