HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - best spot to shoot a deer
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 06:11 PM
utmstudent

Default RE: best spot to shoot a deer

I hunt with bow, .50 cal inline ML and a 12 ga slug gun. I shoot them in the lungs. I go for the same shot placement with a gun as I do with a bow. They always run for me. Between 40 and one hundred yards with the average being around 60 yards.
I always get mad when I see/hear about deer running when ppl shoot them. I always thought it was because the hunters wasn't shooting the deer in the correct spot. Is this the case? I guess I shouldn't be getting all riled up. LOL. Why is it that deer do run off sometimes then?

As far as shooting one in the head with a bow, unless you have seen it I think you are being fibbed to
I wouldn't doubt it if I were. this guy is one of many that I have run into that always has some stupid story about how he shot at a deer with his rifle and missed or shot it and it ran off and he never found it. If he can't hit it with a gun, I doubt he could shot one in the head with a bow. Your prolly right. I know on my 3d target I practice shooting in the head. I put 6 of my 12 arrows in/around its eye. This is why I only have 2 arrows left LOL. I don't practice it because thats why I am going to shoot at but I figure to practice shooting the hard stuff adn then when i am really going to shoot one, it'll be easier to hit him in a bigger area.

Broad side or quartering away

I've seen those words on this board alot, and I have no idea what the mean????