HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Code Blue Doe Estrus........any good?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 04:07 PM
RICHIE3

Default RE: Code Blue Doe Estrus........any good?

Code Blue is the only scent that I use when I go hunting. It is a little more expensive than the others, but not too much. I do not use any scent until the last week of October, here in N.W. corner of Missouri. Here is a little tip to keep you from using too much of the stuff and saves you a little money from buying it all of the time. Take a thick, wide rubber band, like those around a Sunday paper, with you in the field. Find a small sappling tree about 2 inches in diameter, near your stand.Put the rubber band around the bottle once, and hold the back of the bottle against the tree. Twist the remaining rubber band slack a couple of times, and pull it on around the tree and loop it around the bottle so that it is "hooked". Then remove the cap after you are assured(sp?) that the bottle will not spill one way or the other. It will release scent all day without wasting or spilling a drop. A "T" fence post works the best for this set-up if you have them nearby. Use 2 or 3 different bottles at different times and then use all of them at the same time, thus giving the impression of the same deer returning to the spot on a consistant basis. It works great for me, and I have had several bucks drop by to check out the "new" girl(s) in town. Good Luck!