Thread: Powerbelts
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 09:22 AM
eldeguello
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Powerbelts

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

eldeguello

In addition, loading/reloading with Power Belts is a pure pleasure compared to any "sabot" contraption.
of course you would know that I disagree with your thoughts entirely. Loading a "sabot contraption" does not need to difficult, in fact it is fairly simple if you do your homework. Plus you do not need to worry about the bullet coming off the powder and you are normally shooting a much better bullet.

Powerbelts are nothing more than an elongated "round ball," not that there is anything wrong with a round ball. Even the copper powerbelts are just thinly plated to allow the lead to expand to catch the riflings.

For hundres of people the PowerBelt works fine, but you will find a lot more people shooting more if those "sabot contraptions" than you will PB's.
There are way to many more advantages in shooting the sabot/bullet combinations. The different opportunities offered are almost endless...
Gee, sounds like you like sabots! My experience with them was, to say the least, unsatisfactory. But I will admit that I have not tried every one on the market, and there may be some good ones. I just never found the good ones, and since I have found a number of full bore diameter conical bullets that work pretty well, I just stopped looking fora good sabot.......