HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOW SMART ARE DEER?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 07:40 PM
jred

Default HOW SMART ARE DEER?

Has any one els experienced this with in there camp area?

To start our hunting land which is about twelve hunderd acres and is joined to other vast amounts of land in Ga.

During the year when scouting I always tend to see the same deer in the same general areas, further inland from our camp site.

however, I have noticed some of these deer coming close to camp during season, accually staying close to camp and the general area as if they know it's the last place we will hunt.

One a few occations I've spotted different bucks bedding 75yrs from the camp. It's like thier watching us.

Noticing this, I placed my stand very close to the camp site in a area where I noticed activity, and you would know I took a good deer, a deer seen on many occations ways away from the camp.

It almost seemed to easy. There were infact more around esspecially a very big one whom seems to be out smarting us, for many years.

I re-placed my stand any way, after a few of the camp members figured it would be a waste of time.

Has any other member noticed this factor or have any input.<font face='Georgia'></font id='Georgia'><font color=red></font id=red>

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!