HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Barnes TSX Seating Depth
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 04:16 PM
cybersniper
Fork Horn

Default RE: Barnes TSX Seating Depth

Last Saturday I shot several I loaded with different depths. I used IMR4350 (57grains) with Federal 210 primers and Federal cases. I had the best accuracy at .027. I wanted to seat at .050, but found I couldn't because of the grooves on the bullet. The deep part of the groove was right at .050 and I wasn't able to crimp the bullet in pace. Amazingly at .027 the rounds still fit in my mag and cycle with no problems. (700 BDL DM SS).

I wasn't able to shoot at 100yds becauseI was with six other guys that weren't ready to move to 100 (several had shotguns). Anyway at 50yds my five roud group had three almost in the same hole and the other two approx. 1/4" away, both in the same hole. I was shooting from a lead sled and my gun is glass bedded with trigger work.

I made up another batch and will let you knowhow it works. I was very exicited because I have never been able toget this gun to shoot very well with factory ammo.I wanted to post the targets, but mydigital cameras are in my trail cams hanging in the woods "up north" right now.

Thanks for the help you game me Stubble and big!!

P.S. By the way the 168's didn't impress my in my 300 RUM using 98, 100, and 102 of Retumbo. I had them at .050 and had better groups with factory ammo. I'm going to try some Sierrra ammo next week.

Sorry for the long post!

Cybersniper