HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - drips & mock scrapes
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Kyle Colburn

Default RE: drips & mock scrapes

well, the drippers usually come with a scent called "active scrape" can't think of who makes it right now, but last week i put some of it out in a little tinks container and hung i from a tree. no results that night or the next mornin. but the next night, i had a spike and nubben by it. next those two left and a smaller 6-8 pointer inside the earsstarted coming in. i grunted he came in and then he chased the spike away who was coming back. then behind me i heard a deer running and looked back. i turned around to see what it was and it was antoher 6-8 pointer, outside the ears. he chased that little buck away and came back towards me. i watched him for abou 20 minutes circling my stand and finnaly laying down on a ridge just to my left side. it got dark and when i could barely see he came next to me and the other 6-8 pointer came back towards me too. the big buck was sniffing the scent and started to make a scrape right there. i dont know where the other buck went. well i had to get out of my stand so i radioed to my uncle to come down and walk up on the bucks. he walked up and the buck never ran. so i got down and we left him alone.
well i didnt use the dripper but the scent it comes with definately works here in wisconsin