HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Regret the Whisker Bisquit
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 11:11 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

I don't understand what arrow flexing (archer's paradox) has to do with fletching contact?An arrow flexing through a Whisker Biscuit is no different than an arrow flexing along a prong rest or a flipper or your knuckle for that matter. The rest is designed to allow that to happen just as a prong rest is.

Are you saying that unless you use a drop away rest you can't shoot straight?

Even though the arrow is flexingthe fletchings still contact the biscuitevenly and thus will still produce an accurate shot.

I alsodon't understand your need to try to provethe whisker Biscuit is a bad rest. I think all rests can and will produce good results if set up correctly. I choose the Whisker Biscuit because I can get good results (like any other rest) and yet still keep my arrow contained, so I am freeto position my bow any way I feel (more flexibility while hunting) and I'm not forced to keep my finger on the arrow or "reset" anything ifI draw and let down, or worry about that one chance it might come off while I drawetc...Bottom line is,it'sjust as good as any other type of rest. This has been proven over and over by members of the forum as well as competitive shooters.

I find it kinda funny how most of you out there will bad mouth mechanical broadheads with the same old story: "Why take a chance on it not opening" or "A fixed head is better,less to go wrong" but when it comes to a rest you bad moutha simple, basic, reliable rest and put your trust in a dropaway rest with more moving parts than any mechanical broadhead hasEVER had.

After getting mine set up correctly I have never had a problem with fletching wear or freezing or heat or anything. I have installed them on my other two bows with the same results.

I will ask this question again since nobody bothered to answer it the first time........Did I get lucky and buy three Whisker Biscuits that don't damage fletchings or did I setthem up correctly and thus aregetting good results from them?

Please answer.