HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Regret the Whisker Bisquit
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Howler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Let's see, I said
No, a correctly spined arrow and correctly set-up bow should launch like a rocket,
and you just pasted this
When the spine is just perfect, the fletchings zip through the rest unimpeded and the arrow flies.....uh, well.......straight as an arrow.
mSo I said rocket, they said arrow. It's the same Z!
And I also said
finger shooters will always have some flex!
and you pasted this
Each arrow bends and flexes in a particular cycle as it leaves the bow (archer's paradox). In slow-motion video it becomes obvious - especially for finger shooters.
and then I also said this
An arrow that is too weak in spine will leave like a wet noodle, hence bad contact with the rest during launch.
and you pasted this
To begin, if an arrow is too weak (underspined) for a particular bow, there is a risk that the arrow could break when shot. The more grossly underspined the arrow, the higher the risk of breakage.
Let's under line grossly under-spined arrow. If was not so grossly under-spined, it would leave the bow looking like a wet noodle!! We don't hear too much about broken arrows from being so grossly under-spined now do we. Because most of us look at the recommended arrow charts, which get us close to having the right arrow!
And, when you shoot an underspined arrow through a WB, there is going to be a lot of contact, no two ways about it. A lot of contact equals wavy vanes and poor arrow flight.
So Z, please read my post. I think what I said was right on, and what you pasted just backed it up.Try again!!