HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech Black Knight 2 ?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 03:58 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Black Knight 2 ?

I'll go along with what the guys above have said......Like Phil I also own the Pro38 Dual Cam, and yeah its pretty comprable to the 2002 BKII.
I also still have a Patriot coming, and shoot one about everyday as my best friend has one.
They're both just awesome bows and the head of their respective classes IMO.
I shoot a Zero Effect on my Pro38 Dual and it works OUTSTANDING!!.....and is much easier to set-up and works betetr than it does by a long shot VS on the Patriot.
The ZE on the Pat is really touchy contrary to what Muzzy says.....I've helped set up a few, and even followingh their directions to a 'T" and also trying some homecooking you BARELY get fletch clearance........low profile vanes are almost a must otherwise you are burning feathers and larger vanes.

Anyway, because of the longer slide travel due to a less parallel limb angle, the Zero Effect works great on the Pro38 Dual and the BKII, and is a big help in arrow tuning when you are talking the speed and power that bow produces.
I can absolutely drive tacks with mine.

The Pat is obviously gonna be a bit more "treestand friendly" but the BKII isn't unwieldy by any means. Jeff shoots his from a ground blind....

You wouldn't be sorry either way......

I forgot to mention......with the BKII or Pat.....or really any BowTech bow, you will want to mount your Zero Effect swing arm in the 3rd hole to give you the most leverage in getting the rest arm high enough into launch positon, and still low enough to get it below the arrow shelf.........set up properly the ZE on a BKII the hook arm will be just barely below the arrow shelf at rest, and the high position level with the berger holes.

Edited by - Matt / PA on 10/03/2002 17:01:36