HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many 100 grain loads in 1 lb of powder?
Old 08-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: How many 100 grain loads in 1 lb of powder?

And to take it one step farther not all powders burn at equal rates. If you compared Clean shot to 777 fffg the 777 has a higher velocity for the same volume. So you could actually shoot say 90 grn or less and get the same performance as the 100 grn of another powder. Thereby making the more effecient powder last longer per pound.

And like said above, you don't measure it by weight, it's by volume so it would vary depending on conditions I think.

If you buy the pellets it will say exactly how many shots you get. I think you sort of get ripped on the pellets though vrs loose powder. I've never counted how many shots I got out of a can. I know a can will last me more that two years though, and thats playing every summer before season. If you just shot for hunting once your rifle was set up the powder would probably go bad before you ran out.

I have never ran out yet. I normally end up giving the stuff away when I switch to a new powder.

Paul