HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbows in Virginia???
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 12:45 AM
soarkrebel

Default RE: Crossbows in Virginia???

Head Hunter i can understand the night hunting . you probably have a poaching and trespassing problem also.
We have that in arkansas but it's not because of the crossbows. I think states need to really crack down HARD on the violators.
And population problems can be solved but the game and fish dept's are going to have to get smart folks in there to make the rules.
I have no faith in my states arkansas game and fish even if they do let us us crossbows.
Maybe they should require every hunter to tag 5 does before taking one buck. if you get caught not doing so hit them hard!
I have a problem in my club that i can't get my people to take does i am being patient as they have said they will take some each this year but if they don't next year we will make a strict requirement.
Va does have a long season ours runs from Oct 1 to Feb 15 now but used to run to Feb 28. some more of that AG&F wisdom at work.

Anyway i really don't think you have anything to worry about with crossbow hunters. yes some will pick one up ,as some do bows, and get tired of it and quit.
But that goes in all methods of hunting. true gung ho nuts (like fools that talk about it year round even on line!) will be an asset to population control.and who knows one crossbow hunter might actually show you what it's like to hunt with one and you may even add one to your list of gung ho nut tools to get out in the woods with.

Look i just tired of hearing folks bash crossbows and call folks that use them lazy. i have one and i am most definately not lazy about hunting. would a lazy fool have been out this weekend in the heat and seed ticks? I have been out scouting and seeing what i can see.

Give them a chance and this spring come back and tell us how you didnt see anyone with a crossbow all season.

P.S. if i wasn't so far away i would come up there and help you out with those deer!