HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - adjusting draw weight on hoyt bow
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Mattiac

Default RE: adjusting draw weight on hoyt bow

Ok, I just talked to a guy that knows just about all there is to know about hoyt bows.

He said that he is unaware of a specific torque value, and that if you make it reasonably tight it will be fine. He works on tons of bows, so you can take his word for it. He said it was interesting that I thought there was one, and that there may be... he is going to ask a hoyt tech to be absolutely certain. So I may have a more definite answer sometime soon.

He wasnt sure if your pockets had set screws or not. So check inside the screws you undid with a flashlight. If there is a smaller screw inside the larger one, find the proper allen wrench and loosen it. Then tighten the larger ones you undid in the first place to about where they were. Then retighten the set screws. If you dont have set screws, just tighten the ones you undid.

Either way you should be good to go.

Just so you dont over-tighten anything, he also sent me this link.

Torque Table CLICK HERE

I believe the bolt is a 1/4"/20 into aluminum, so you can see the maximum recommended torque is about 47 pounds or there abouts.

After talking to him, I dont think you should bother bringing it to a shop, they would just hand tighten it, not check it and charge you. We arent charging you a thing, so you know we arent yanking your chain.

Let me know any updates or if you have any other questions. Hope this helps---Matt