HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - adjusting draw weight on hoyt bow
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Mattiac

Default RE: adjusting draw weight on hoyt bow

Dont worry about it QT, everyone makes mistakes. Trying to learn to do your own work is not always easy, sometimes something breaks. Im positive that nothing broke so, you did alright. At least you had the sense to ask about it before you put 100 shots through it.

Just so you know, this isnt a major problem and it shouldnt cost you much if anything. Bows come from Hoyt like that sometimes, so it may not have been right in the first place. The dealers are supposed to inspect and break-down the bows to check them before they sell them. Afterall, the bow is just being mass-assembled at a factory. Unfortunately many shops dont do that.

By the way, I would have checked a few hoyt bows for you with my torque wrench, and you could have torqued it up yourself, but all my tools are 30 miles away right now.

If you want to wait till the end of the weekend I could let you know what to torque it too. Actually, I may be able to ask someone.....
Bring it to your shop if you like, but I will try to get back to you with the specs too.

Have a good one---Matt